Hope Connection 2.0 is a therapeutic camp for adopted children and their families. Derived from The Hope Connection, the original TBRI summer camp created by Dr. Karyn Purvis and Dr. David Cross in the late 1990’s, Hope Connection 2.0 is designed to meet the needs of the entire family, from parents to adopted children to adoptive siblings. Families will learn to better connect with one another, understand and meet needs, and regulate behavior in the context of relationships.
Fall 2023 Camp:
- Applications accepted May 1 – June 2, 2023 (link on website)
- Camp Weekend #1 October 6-8, 2023
- Camp Weekend #2 October 27-29, 2023
For Families Who Attend Camp:
- Cost is $495 per family (cost includes meals, snacks, TBRI materials, caregiver training, and camp supplies).
- Camp will take place on the Texas Christian University Campus in Fort Worth, TX
- Families are responsible for any lodging arrangements and costs incurred
- Families must have at least one child between 5-12 years old who was adopted into their family.
- All children must be legal, permanent members of their family for at least one year at the time of application.
- All members of your family living at home are able and willing to participate in camp in Fall 2022 if randomly assigned
- All family members are willing to be photographed during camp
- All family members are willing to participate in research.
- Both parents are willing to complete a criminal background check
- Both parents are willing to complete online pre-training before attending camp.
Applications for Hope Connection 2.0 will be available on this page on May 1, 2023.