National Military Family Month began in 1996 when it was officially recognized by the Armed Services YMCA, a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving military families. It has since gained national recognition and has become an important occasion for honoring and supporting military families.
Throughout the years, National Military Family Month has evolved into a nationwide effort to acknowledge the sacrifices and resilience of military families and to provide them with the appreciation and assistance they deserve.
Here are some meaningful ways you can get involved and show your support for military families:
- Express Your Gratitude: Take a moment to thank military families for their sacrifices and service to the nation.
- Donate to Military Support Organizations: Consider making a donation to organizations that provide assistance and resources to military families.
- Offer Assistance: If you know a military family, offer help with tasks like childcare, home maintenance, or meal preparation.
- Participate in Community Events: Attend local events and initiatives that celebrate and support military families in your area.
- Advocate for Military Family Support: Support policies and initiatives that benefit military families, such as affordable healthcare and educational resources.
It’s an excellent time to support and honor service members and their families.