National Adoption Day is observed each year to raise awareness about the importance of adoption and to celebrate the joy of building families through adoption. It’s a day for communities and families to come together to celebrate foster children finding forever families!
National Adoption Day has grown into a nationwide celebration that has led to the adoption of thousands of children from foster care in to loving, permanent homes. There are thousands more waiting for loving homes.
There are many meaningful activities and ways you can get involved:
- Volunteer and Advocate: Volunteer your time or advocate for policies and initiatives that promote adoption and support foster children.
- Support Adoption Organizations: Contribute to adoption agencies and organizations that facilitate adoptions and support adoptive families.
- Attend Adoption Events: Participate in National Adoption Day events, which often include adoption finalization ceremonies, family gatherings, and celebrations.
- Become a Foster Parent: Consider becoming a foster parent to provide temporary care and support for children in the foster care system.
- Adopt a Child: If you are ready to expand your family, explore the adoption process and open your home to a child in need.
- Share Adoption Stories: Share adoption stories, experiences, and testimonials to inspire others to consider adoption and dispel misconceptions about the process.
If you are interested in adopting a child, please click our Child Protection tab.